Your Complete Go-To Guide When Selling Your Home
First of all, congratulations on taking the first step to selling your home! With this complete guide to selling your home, I hope this alleviates some of the worries or stress you have in knowing where to start. Although I can’t pack up your boxes for you, I can give you amazing pointers you won’t find anywhere else! Also, If you want your own free, hands-on home selling guide, be sure to click here. Now let’s begin!
The Process for Selling a House
1. You need your person and by that I mean your awesome real estate agent. This is hands down your lifeline and I’m not just saying that because I’m a real estate agent. This can make all the difference where you can find out the perfect way in choosing one from my previous article here.
However, if you are looking for a real estate agent in the Bay Area, please feel free to reach out to me at 408.223.5493 or [email protected].
2. Start making a to-do list immediately, trust me! This will cover timelines and all home repairs needed to get your house looking in its best condition to sell. Having it on paper and into tangible form makes your head less cluttered and your home too.
Pro Tip: If having too many furniture or personal items is an issue, consider renting a storage unit for the time being to help show and sell your house faster.
3. The goal isn’t to break the bank when fixing up your home, but investing in the ones that will sell your home faster and where other clients will see the value in it. This can include cracked paint, refinish your floors, fix any dents or replace any old doors or windows and make sure all light bulbs are working.
Pro Tip: Increase your curb appeal by planting flowers or plants reflecting the current season. Make sure the garage and garage doors are in good condition.
4. You’re ready to price your home! You can either get a fair home appraisal or with your real estate agent, they will provide you with CMA’s to determine an acceptable price.
5. Stage your home. Check out our ten minute showing drill here! Be sure to put away personal items including pictures as well as pets during the showing. Be sure to include nice aromas and lighting in your home to have the ones buying your house being able to envision themselves living there.
6. Market your home online. This includes having immaculate listing photos and an amazing listing description to go along with it when listing your own home. Otherwise your real estate agent will post it to sites like Trulia, Zillow, Realtor.com, etc.
7. Open house time! Depending on when you’re reading this article, during COVID times, you may choose to do a virtual open house. This is where you’re home will look in tip-top shape, even as soon as it hits the market (curb appeal) to buyers interested in may snoop by earlier.
8. Say goodbye to your home! From the successful open house until this step, you would have multiple interested buyers by now where your real estate agent helped you through the offer process to get you your best deal! Congrats and make sure your affairs are in order to move to your next home!
As a real estate professional, it would be my pleasure to sell your home and exceed your home selling goals! If you have any questions or are located in the Bay Area, I would be happy to be of service. Be sure to schedule a time to chat here, I’d love to chat! Looking forward to hearing from you.