Resting on the far edge of San Mateo County is Menlo Park. From here you have easy access to the East Bay over the 84 Dumbarton Bridge. You also have easy access to San Francisco via the I-280 Freeway. With such a central location, you are sure to enjoy this lovely city.
Census statistics show that Menlo Park is considered to be one of the most well educated cities in all of the United States. The data shows us that 70% of its permanent residents have at least a bachelor’s degree, if not a postgraduate degree. In a city of 32,026 residents, that means 22,418 have degrees from a 4 year institution.
With so many Alumni living in Menlo Park, you may find it easy to secure a job, become part of the community, see old friends, and feel connected to the spirit of education.
Take a look at a few relevant Menlo Park Stats:
- 11,900 household units
- 9% of households are renters
- Median Income: $132,928
- Median rent: The average size of a Menlo Park, CA apartment is 965 square feet, and the median rent is $4,087
The economy of Menlo Park has a total of 16,000 registered employees. That means roughly half of the residents in Menlo Park are children, stay at home moms, and retired individuals. Some of the largest Menlo Park Industries are:
- Professional, Scientific, & Technical Services: 2,880 people
- Educational Services: 2,424 people
- Health Care & Social Assistance: 2,152 people
The highest paying industries are:
- Management of Companies & Enterprises: $155,179
- Finance & Insurance: $151,550
- Information Technology: $145,521
The following companies are known to be the best companies to work for in Menlo Park:
- 3-V biosciences
- Intersect ENT
- SRI International