Lovely Palo Alto is a Bay Area city well known for being the home of Stanford University with some of the best schools in the country. The well-manicured University Avenue in Palo Alto cuts through all of the downtown Metropolitan area. The overall style and decoration of the downtown area is contemporary with a hint of Victorian architecture.
You will also find upscale restaurants and some mega retail stores for your daily shopping needs. Home to 63,000 residents means the city isn’t the largest. However what it lacks in size, it makes up for in quality of living.
Take a look at a few relevant Palo Alto Stats:
- 27,577 household units
- 45% of households are renters
- Median income: $147,537
- Median rent: The average size of a Palo Alto apartment is 816 square feet and the median rent is $3,163
The economy of Palo Alto is dominated by the fact that it is in the center of Silicon Valley. You will find that the largest industries in Palo Alto are:
- Professional, Scientific, & Technical Services: 8,150 people
- Educational Services: 4,739 people
- Manufacturing: 4,344 people
The highest paying industries in Palo Alto are:
- Information Technology: $180,368
- Manufacturing: $145,668
- Wholesale Trade: $138,244
If you are considering a move to Palo Alto, here are some of the best companies to work for in the nearby area.
- VM Ware
- Stanford University
- TIBCO Software
- Varian Medical